Ms. Yasmin Morais
Department: Bldg. 39 Rm. C5
Title: Cataloging Librarian
Phone: (202) 274-7359
Ms. Morais is the Cataloging Librarian at the Charles and Hilda Mason Law Library. She has an MLS from the University of Toronto and an MSc in International Relations from the University of the West Indies. Yasmin previously worked as Resident Librarian at the Georgetown University Law Library. Prior to that she worked in administration at University Health Network in Toronto, Canada. She also worked as a Program Officer at the United Nations Development Program's office in Kingston, Jamaica. In addition to running and badminton, Yasmin enjoys writing, and just published her first poetry collection, From Cane Field to the Sea.
- A Guide to Legal Research in Cuba, GLOBALEX, June 2015.
- Book Review: The Twilight of Human Rights Law, by Eric Posner. DipLawMatic Dialogues, October 7, 2014.
- Legal Writing Resources: A Research Guide. 2013.
- Bar Exam Preparation Resources. 2011.
- A Law Library Residency: My Georgetown University Law Library Experience, (Book Chapter) in The New Graduate Experience: Post-MLS Residency Programs and Early Career Librarianship, Santa Barbara, California, Libraries Unlimited, 2011.
- Yasmin Morais and Sara Sampson, A Content Analysis of Chat Transcripts in the Georgetown Law Library, Legal Reference Services Quarterly, 29:3, 165-178, 2010.
- Tagging Along: RFID Technology in the Mason Law Library, Law Library Lights, Vol. 53, #3, Spring 2010 at 1.
- Down the Up Escalator: Finding Worklife Balance, AALL Spectrum Vol. 13, No. 8, June 2009.
- Scottish Legal History: A Research Guide, GLOBALEX, Nov/Dec 2008.
- Foreign, Comparative and International LAW SIS, 100 LAW LIBR. J. 714-725.
- Learning the Ropes: A Resident Librarian Reflects on Law Librarianship, LAW LIBR. LIGHTS, Summer 2008 at 9-11.
- The Caribbean Court of Justice: A Research Guide, LLRX.COM, February 27, 2008.