2010 Law Review Symposium Schedule
Monday, February 1, 2010
UDC-DCSL Annual Law Review Symposium
February 26, 2010
A Review of Developmental Disability Law in D.C., Child Welfare and Justice Issues, and the Impact of the Freedom of Information Act in Keeping the Executive Branch of the D.C. Government Accountable to Citizens
First Panel: Developmental Disability Law & Rights: Why D.C. Needs New Legislation Now
9:30 a.m. -10:45 a.m.
Moderated by Joseph B. Tulman - UDC David A. Clarke School of Law, Professor of Law
- Sandy Bernstein - University Legal Services for the District of Columbia, Legal Director
Robert L. Burgdorf Jr. - UDC David A. Clarke School of Law, Professor of Law
Thelma Greene - Self-Advocate
Second Panel: Child Welfare Panel: Exploding the Myths
11:00 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
Moderated by Matthew I. Fraidin - UDC David A. Clarke School of Law, Associate Professor of Law
- Richard Wexler - National Coalition for Child Protection Reform, Director
- Vivek Sankaran - University of Michigan Law School, Clinical Assistant Professor of Law
- Daniel Hatcher - University of Baltimore School of Law, Associate Professor of Law
- Kristen Weber - Center for the Study of Social Policy, Associate
Break for Lunch 12:30 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Third Panel: Does the executive branch of the D.C. government currently comply with the various provisions of the D.C. FOIA?
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Moderated by William G. McLain - UDC David A. Clarke School of Law, Associate Professor of Law
- Thorn Pozen - Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Special Counsel
- Thomas Susman - Governmental Affairs Office American Bar Association, Director
- Margaret Kwoka - Public Citizen Litigation Group, Attorney
Building 44-A03 - Directly above the main garage
University of the District of Columbia, 4200 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, D.C.
Metro Stop: Van Ness-UDC on the Red Line