Dean Smith Discusses Filming the Police In VoA Panel
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Posted by: Jordan Uhl
E: firstname.lastname@example.org; P: 202-274-5257
Washington, DC—On Wednesday, University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law's Associate Dean for Experiential and Clinical Programs Jonathan Smith joined a panel of First Amendment experts, law enforcement officials and distinguished attorneys to discuss the intersection of police, cameras and the Constitution.
The panel discussion, which was broadcast live from the Newseum, was organized by Voice of America news.
Guests for the program included:
• Gene Policinski, COO, Newseum Institute
• Terrance Gainer, former Chief U.S. Capitol Police
• Mickey Osterreicher, Chief Legal Counsel for the National Press Photographers Association
• Jonathan M. Smith, Associate Dean UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
• Jay Stanley, American Civil Liberties Union’s Speech, Privacy and Technology Project
• Roberto Villasenor, Tucson (Arizona) Police Chief & member President’s Task Force for 21st Century Policing
You can watch the entire video here:
For more information about UDC-DCSL and its nationally-ranked clinical program, click here.