Press Conference Agenda
2pm Opening: Mr. Ellison and Mr. Lewis made opening remarks.
Introduced Victims of Labor Discrimination: Mr. Ellison introduced 3 victims of labor discrimination and they will share their stories.
- Alex Paz, truck driver fired for organizing in LA.
o Alex lead the recent week-long ULP strike by truck drivers at the Ports of LA & Long Beach. He was recently fired for organizing, combating misclassification and filing wage hour claims with the California Labor Commissioner.
- Keyona Dandridge, Federal contract worker fired for striking.
o Keyona prepares and serves food in a federal facility. She participated in a strike demanding higher wages and was fired.
- Edilcia Vanegas, Federal Contract worker
o Works at the Ronald Regan building and is owed over 30,000 in back wages.
Introduction of Labor, Civil Rights, and Business Leaders: Mr. Ellison introduced leaders from the labor, civil rights, and business community
- Joslyn Williams, President of AFL-CIO Metro D.C. Council
- Wade Henderson, President and CEO of The Leadership Conference
- Emily Martin, Vice President and General Counsel of the National Women’s Law Counsel
- Leo Hindery, co-chair of the Task Force on Jobs Creation, founder of Jobs First 2012, managing Partner of InterMedia Partners
- Richard Kahlenberg, Senior Fellow at The Century Foundation
- John Brittain, former Chief Counsel for Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights, Professor, UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
2:45 Closing Remarks
- Mr. Ellison and Mr. Lewisclosed the conference.