Join us for a celebration of international culture at our annual
Summer Public Interest
Friday, March 22, 6:30 - 9:30 pm
UDC David A. Clarke School of Law,
4340 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20008
Come dressed in traditional attire from any country
Enjoy food and music from the many nations represented at the School of Law
Each year the School of Law raises funds to support student summer fellowships at a wide variety of public interest law firms, organizations, government agencies and judicial chambers. Click here for details on the Summer Public Interest Fellowship Program.
Additional Auction Items sought!
Contact Jaye Lopez Van Soest: JLopez@udc.edu
Confirmed Auction Items Include:
- Dinner for Two (2) with Wine Pairing at Acacia Bistro
- Broderick-Mack Pub Night! For four, date by mutual consent. Exp. 11/30/13
- Lunch for two (2) with DC Council Chairman Phil Mendelson at MS Grill! Exp. 12/31/14
- Cleaning and dental examination donated by Ultimate Dental Care, located at 4820 13th Street, NW. $200 value. By appointment only.
- Aveda Beauty Products Basket!
- Lovely antique vase/water jug
- Two (2) tickets to see the Washington Wizards v. Philadelphia 76'ers at the Verizon Center on Friday, April 12th at 7pm. Seats in Section 408, Row M, 18-19
- Happy Hour at Uptown Tap House in Cleveland Park. Winner will receive a voucher to drink for free at Uptown Tap House for either 2 or 3 hours depending on night redeemed. Valid Mon-Thurs between 12-4pm only.
- Weekend at Elizabeth, WV river house; 2 BD; 2 BA. 6 hour drive from DC. Have a canoe and kayak. Sleeps 6. Will need to bring own Queen (2) and single bed (2) sheets & towels. Available upon request & confirmation. Exp. 2/28/14 Donated by Stuart May '84
- Two hours of private bar tutorial for any upcoming bar exam, donated by John Downer '83. John has tutored over 130 students throughout the country and has an overall bar pass rate of 90%. All of his sessions are over the phone and references are available. John was a Director for PMBR for seven years and has lectured and taught bar review at over 24 law schools. Can be used for essay or MBE...or, both!
- 5,000 Lexis points!
- Delicious oven-baked turkey for your special event or holiday gathering. 10-18lbs, exp. 11/27/13. Delivery available within 50 miles of Washington, DC. Must give two weeks prior notice for fulfillment.
- Fabulous artwork!
- Voucher for one thirty (30) day subscription to West Study Aids from WestLaw.
- Voucher for one (1) casebook from West or Foundation Press from WestLaw.
- Autographed Hank Greenberg poster donated by Aviva Kempner '76
- Mexican "tapete" wall hanging. 2x3 ft. Aztec-style woven design.
- $500 Tuition Credit for BarBri - Exp. 4/28/13 (two available)
- Danny Edelman of the School of Law Foundation Board and Bernie Arons will play clarinet duets for an hour or so to brighten festivities at your upcoming party. Date by mutual consent. Exp. 2/28/14
- One night weekend stay with buffet breakfast at Sou'Wester for two (2) at the
Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington,
DC. Exp. 4/30/14
- 1/2 Price Kaplan Review Course (two available)
- Fried Thanksgiving Turkey - approx. 17lbs. prepared
for pick-up Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013
- Dinner and Drinks for Two at OYA Restaurant, 777 9th Street, NW
(min. bid $50)
- Dinner and Drinks for Four at Cafe Robert (a Five
Course Dinner Cooked by Bob Newman at his home; min. bid $100)
- Dinner for two at the Tabard Inn, 1739 N St NW, WDC. http://www.tabardinn.com/ donated by the Fabulous Fritzi Cohen.
- 2 tickets for the Washington Caps vs. NY Islanders
game on Thursday, April 4th - donated by School of Law Foundation
Board Member Andy Marks.
dinner for 8 in your home by Ed Bruske, "The Slow Cook." Cost of
food not included. Date by mutual consent. Exp. 2/28/2014
- An hour of legal advice from the D.C. Tenants' RightsCenter,
regarding tenants’ rights, for any D.C. tenant; expires 5/1/14. Donated by Marc Borbely, '08. http://dctenants.com/
- Traditional Maryland
Crab Feast for THIRTY on the Bay. 1:30
arrival for corn, crabs, fried chicken
and "plenty of beer!" Either
September, 7 or 8, 2013. $4,500 minimum
bid. Home of Mike and Maggie Rauh in
Shady Side, MD.
- Overnight stay plus breakfast for four at the BlueMountainRetreatCenter,
Harper's Ferry, WVA. Room or rooms -
your choice! Discount available for up
to four additional guests. Massage,
amenities. See http://www.bluemtnretreat.org/
- Four front row Washington Nationals tickets (First
base! Game TBD), donated by former adjunct faculty member Steve Kohn, Mike
Kohn, '85 and Colapinto, '88.
- A day-sail for six with Captain/Prof. Ed Allen and
First Mate/Dean Shelley Broderick on the Chesapeake Bay!
- Rehoboth Beach weekend in a house built to LEEDS
standards! Available Oct. 1, 2013 - May 1, 2014, excluding holidays/three day
weekends. Donated by Karen Cordry, ’77.
- Dinner for 4 with Andy Shallal, peace activist and
owner of Busboys and Poets and Eatonville restaurants.
DE beach house weekend. Available
Oct. 1, 2013 - May 1, 2014, excluding holidays/three day weekends. Donated by
Karen Cordry, ’77.
- Lunch for one (1) with D.C. Attorney General Irv
Nathan. Date by mutual consent. Exp. 2/28/2014
- Guided bike trip for you and six (6) friends plus lunch,
donated by UDC-DCSL Associate Dean Laurie Morin, co-owner of Capitol Hill Bikes http://capitolhillbikes.com/.
- Lunch for two (2) with Ward 3 DC Councilmember Mary
Cheh. Date by mutual consent. Exp. 2/28/14
- Two (2) night stay at Prof. Tom Mack's Shenandoah
River Cabin. Sleeps five (5). Date by mutual consent. Exp. 2/28/2014
- Two (2) tickets to The Leadership Conference Hubert H.
Humphrey Civil and Human Rights Awards Dinner, Thursday, May 2nd at the Washington
- Show your Nats spirit with a Washington
Nationals folding Stadium Chair with two cupholders and storage/carrying pouch!
- Gorgeous Rehoboth Beach House for Labor Day Weekend! House sleeps six (6). Available August 31 to September 5, 2013. Donated by DC School of Law Foundation Board
Member Robert Hall.
- 2 (two) Nats tickets in section 313, a very vocal
and fun section for a Sunday game; date options include: April 14, 28; May 12;
June 9, 23; July 7, 21, 28; September 1, 22.
- Golf outing for three (3) at Old Soldiers & Airman Golf
Course with Prof. Bill Robinson
- 1/2 off Merlin Bar Prep Course!
- Four tickets to the Calvin Jones Big Band Jazz
Festival, Monday, April 29, 2013 at UDC.
- Bow tie, previously worn, and autographed by lauded
attorney and UDC Professor, John C. Brittain!
- Shadow Day with "King of Torts” Jack Olender. Must
be current UDC Law student. Date by mutual consent. Exp. 2/28/14