PAD has organized the return of CANNED IMMUNITY, which will be held Monday, November 24 through Wednesday, November 26, 2008.
The rules are a little different this year: Instead of just bringing in a can and being exempt, you have to bring an item (or items) from one or more of the categories listed below.
Food Drive Wish List
1. Canned Protein (tuna, chicken, salmon, peanut butter)
2. Canned Fruit In Own Juice or Light Syrup (applesauce, peaches, pears, pineapples)
3. 100% Fruit Juice (all sizes including juice boxes)
4. Low Sodium/ No Salt Added Canned Vegetables (mixed, green beans, corn)
5. Soups (beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, turkey rice)
6. Multigrain Cereal (cheerios, cornflakes, grape nuts, raisin bran)
7. Easy & Ready Meals (macaroni & cheese, pasta bowls, canned pasta)
8. Healthy Snacks (raisins, dried fruit, nuts, cereal bars, granola bars, pretzels, crackers)
9. Hygiene Products (bar soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, feminine products, diapers, toilet paper)
10. Paper Products (paper towels, toilet paper, diapers, facial tissue, paper plates & cups, plastic forks & spoons)
11. Condiments (tomato based sauces, light soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, light salad dressings)
12. Other Miscellaneous (Brown rice (1 or 2 lb bags); Flour (1 or 2 lb bags); Barley (1 lb bag / box); Olive and/or canola oil; Corn starch; Black beans (canned); Garbanzo beans (canned); Thyme (small size); whole wheat pasta)