Please Join Us!
2012 Summer Fellowship Auction
Wednesday, March 28, 6-9 pm
UDC David A. Clarke School of Law, Room 312
4340 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20008
Additional Auction Items sought!
Contact Jaye Lopez: JLopez@udc.edu
Each year the School of Law raises funds to support student summer fellowships at a wide variety of public interest law firms, organizations, government agencies and judicial chambers.
See http://www.law.udc.edu/?page=Fellowshipsfor details.
Auction Items Include:
- Two for Dinner, Please! Two (2) tickets to the 50th Anniversary BILL OF RIGHTS Awards Dinner - Monday, April 16, 2012 honoring Johnny Barnes and others!
- Turkey, You? 12lb Cajun turkey for your special event w/o the hassle of cooking!
- Enjoy a wine tasting for two with Prof. Derek Alphran at Acacia Bistro!
- Original! Unframed watercolor by artist with ArtEnables in NE Washington, DC - numbered 5/10
- Nats, Natch! Two (2) tickets to Washington Nationals game. Choices: Sun. Aug. 5th v. Marlins, Fri. Aug. 17th v. Mets, or Sat. Sept. 1st v. Cardinals.
- Slow Food! Catered dinner for 8 in your home by Ed Bruske, "The Slow Cook." Cost of food not included.
- Exquisite! Original Chinese painting, matted but unframed, 31" X 31," donated by Linda Sun.
- Bow Tie! Previously worn by noted civil rights attorney, UDC Law Professor, elite distance runner, doumbek player, auctioneer extraordinaire and natty dresser, John C. Brittain!
- Smile! Complementary teeth cleaning for 3 with a new patient exam, including x-rays - $350 value
- What a Trip! UDC-DCSL Recruiting Trip including airfare & 2 nights hotel accommodations - city options include: Toronto, Houston, NY, Chicago, Atlanta, Bay Area, LA, Miami & Boston. Open to students, staff and faculty only.
- Not "Lexus" 5,000 Lexis-Nexis Points!
- More ACLU for Two (2) tickets to the ACLU-NCA President's Dinner - Fall 2012
- Two tickets to the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights Annual Dinner, donated by Wade Henderson.
- Dinner for two at Casa Nonna during the Tavola 12 – a 12 course tasting for twelve people, available Friday or Saturdays. Watch as each course is created by chef!
- Deluxe waterview room for one night at DC’s Mandarin Oriental hotel.
- 5 "Care Packages” for College Students.
- Lunch with DC Councilmember Phil Mendelson.
- An April 22nd train trip to Williamsburg or Newport News on the Dover Harbor, an historic ‘30s Pullman car. Includes breakfast and dinner. Leaves from Union Station – donated by David Splitt.
- A "Shadow Day” for one UDC law student with Jack Olender, "King of Torts”!
- Luncheon for six students, their partners, and their favorite professor and partner, at Michael and Maggie’s seaside home on the Bay.
- Rehoboth Weekend at 6 bdrm Beach House in Rehoboth - built to LEEDS standards! Donated by Karen Cordry, 77.
- Lewes Weekend! Sleeps up to 14. Donated by Karen Cordry, ’77.
- Wine Tasting at Acacia Bistro for three UDC law students. Donated by Profs Andrew Ferguson and Kristina Campbell.
- Front Row, First Base, Nationals' tickets! Donated by former Prof. Stephen Kohn and Michael Kohn, '85 and Dave Colapinto, '88.
- Lunch with D.C. Attorney General Irv Nathan.
- Rehoboth Beach House May 27th – June 2nd for up to six guests. Donated by DC School of Law Foundation Member Robert Hall.
- Two tickets to a Friday or Saturday performance by the Capital Steps at the Amphitheater at the Ronald Reagan Building.
- Lunch for two with DC Shadow Senator Paul Strauss in the Senate Dining Room.
- 2 hour performance at your event by The Bob Schwartz Quartet, featuring Seth Greenstein,' 84.
- Dinner for two at the Tabard Inn.
- Greens fees for a foursome Mon-Fri anytime, Sat-Sun after 1pm at Kiskiack Golf Club.
- Capitol City Brewing Company gift card.
- 5 tennis lessons of 1.5 hours each, for a beginner or intermediate player (2.0 to 4.0 level) by law student, Malvina De La Canal '14, who was at one point ranked #4 in the nation in the 14 and under, #36 in the nation in the 16 and under, and #48 in the nation in the 18 and under categories.
- D.C. Vote Gift Basket
- Dinner for two at the University Club with UDC President and Mrs. Alan Sessoms.
- Drinks for 2 with P/T law student Pat Bahn, '15, at the National Democratic Club www.natdemclub.org
- Professor Mack's Virginia cabin for a weekend (Friday and Saturday Night). Stay to be determined by mutual consent.
- Vegan Appetizer, dinner & dessert for two using local, seasonal, organic ingredients, plus 5% off a future catering job from Green Plate Catering.
- Professional cellist, David Rabin, will play your wedding/reception/party/whatever; date to be determined by mutual consent.
- Tickets to the Calvin Jones Big Band Jazz Festival, Monday, April 30, 2012.
- One night stay at Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- And many more!