Students enrolled at other ABA-accredited law schools may apply for admission as visiting students. Visiting students may attend for one or two semesters and take up to 15 credits of study per semester at UDC-DCSL.
Fall or Spring Admission
Applicants who apply for visiting status for Fall or Spring must submit:
- a Visiting Student Application, which is available through LSAC;
- a letter granting the applicant permission to visit from the relevant law school official; and
- a letter of good academic standing from the appropriate law school official.
The visiting application deadline is June 30th for the Fall semester or November 30th for the Spring semester.
If you have any questions please contact the Office of Admission at (202) 274-7341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who apply for visiting status for Summer must submit:
- a completed Summer Visiting Student Application;
- You will need to refer to the Academic Calendar and Summer Course Schedule when completing your application. These items are posted on the Forms & Schedules page, typically in early April for the Summer term.
- a $40 application fee;
- a letter of good academic standing mailed from your home school or in a sealed envelope; and
- students claiming D.C. resident status for tuition purposes must submit a Declaration of Residency Form with proper supporting documentation.
You may hand-deliver the above application materials to the School of Law’s Office of Admission during normal business hours OR you may mail the materials no later than May 10th to:
UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
Office of Admission, ATTN: Summer Session
Building 52, Suite 104
4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
If you wish to hand-deliver materials, please note that the School of Law's campus mailing address (4200 Connecticut Avenue NW) differs from Building 52's street address (4340 Connecticut Avenue NW).
Tuition & Fees
Visiting students pay part-time tuition rates of $379 per credit-hour for District of Columbia residents or $757 per credit-hour for non-District residents. All enrollees must pay student fees each semester or term. Total fees charged will depend on the first semester in which a student enrolls and the number of credits taken, but a student can expect to pay approximately $500 in fees each semester or term.
All UDC students must have health insurance coverage. You will be automatically enrolled in, and billed for, the university-sponsored health insurance plan unless you submit adequate proof of existing, comparable coverage by each semester’s deadline. See UDC's Student Health Insurance page for costs and deadlines.
Visiting students are not eligible for financial assistance from UDC-DCSL, but may apply for the D.C. resident tuition rate if not currently under an F-1 student visa.
All tuition and fees are due at registration. Registration is not complete without Finance/ Billing approval.
Deposits will be returned for courses not available due to over-subscription, cancellation, or inadequate enrollment.
Registering for Courses
In order to complete registration, each admitted visiting student must bring his or her acceptance letter from the Office of Admission to On-Site Registration. On-Site Registration takes place in the Registrar’s Office, Room 212, Building 52, on the first day of classes each semester. Students should consult the Academic Calendar for the exact date and times.
If you have any questions about visiting student admission, please contact us at 202-274-7341 or email@example.com.