Instructions for Summer 2014 Registration
1. Select Your Courses
- On-line registration for Summer 2014 begins at 12:01 am on April 7 and ends at 11:59 pm on May 15, 2014.
- See a list of available courses by reviewing the Summer 2014 Course Schedule (pdf).
- When selecting courses, you should consider the following criteria and resources:
- Courses required to graduate and prerequisites to courses that you wish to take in the future, as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Subjects tested on the bar exam of the state in which you plan to practice law, as described on the website of that state's bar examiner. See NCBE's Bar Examiner Directory.
- Each student has been assigned a faculty advisor to assist with academic, bar admission and career planning. If you don't remember the name of your faculty advisor, please contact Dean Steward.
- Course registration for Summer 2014 is governed by the following rules:
- Credit Limits
Maximum: Total credits for summer school enrollment may not exceed 6 credits unless you are enrolling in clinic or internship. Written permission from the Academic Dean, Laurie Morin is required to exceed these limits. To obtain permission, complete and submit the Permission to Exceed Term Limit Form and submit it to the Registrar’s office by May 19, 2014.
Minimum: To receive financial aid, you must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credits.
Clinic assignments are determined by a lottery. Students will be notified of the results by email and will receive specific instructions. A wait list will be established for those who did not get a slot. If you have questions, please contact Karen Forman (email@example.com). Clinic is not available to rising second year, visiting or non-degree students. The Registrar’s Office will enroll students into their assigned clinics.
- Moot Court
Spaces are limited for Moot Court. Rising 3L’s will be given preference. NOTE: If you are currently a first-year student and experience problems enrolling, please contact Tiffany Cooper, Asst. Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Independent Study & Elective Clinics
Enrollment will be entered by the Registrar’s Office and will not be entered until the respective registration forms, found on the Forms & Schedules page, for these courses are approved and submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
The Add/Drop period is May 20-23, 2014. If a course change results in additional tuition and fees, those charges must be paid on-line at the time of the transaction. Add/Drop ends at 5:00 pm on May 23, 2014. For additional dates, refer to the Academic Calendar.
2. Determine Your Payment Amount and Deadlines
If you register on-line, any tuition and fees not covered by financial aid must be paid by May 19, 2014. Your course selections may be deleted, if the total bill has not been paid by this deadline.
If you register in-person or late, any tuition and fees not covered by financial aid must be paid immediately on-line to avoid an unpaid balance.
Summer tuition is $360 per credit for DC residents or $720 per credit for non-DC residents. All Summer 2014 enrollees will be charged a non-refundable fee of $210 (which includes the $100 enrollment fee, $85 materials fee, and $25 health services fee). The Tuition Management System payment plan (TMS) is not available for the summer session.
All students are required to have health insurance coverage. If you are currently covered by the University-sponsored health insurance plan, your coverage will extend through summer. If you received a waiver from the University-sponsored plan during the academic year, your waiver will extend through summer. All other students will be automatically enrolled in the university-sponsored health insurance plan and charged the summer school rate.
The following link will provide additional information regarding student health insurance:
If you have an overdue student emergency loan from the DCSL Foundation (Dean Broderick), you may be prevented from registering for courses until it has been paid, as per the terms of your promissory note. To repay your loan, please contact Dean Broderick’s office.
3. Register for Courses
A. On-line Registration (for Matriculating Students only) — April 7, 2014 through May 15, 2014
- To register online, log into myUDC between 12:01 am on on April 7 and 11:59 PM on May 15th.
- If you have trouble with your log-in and/or pin, please contact the Help Desk in Building 41, Room 316 or at 202.274.5941 or email@example.com for assistance.
B. In-Person Registration — May 19, 2014
- Visiting and non-matriculating students, and any matriculating student who did not register on-line, must register in person for summer courses.
- To register in person, complete the On-Site & Late Registration Form (pdf) and bring it to the Registrar's Office, Building 52, Suite 212.
- Visiting and non-matriculating students must bring their letters of acceptance from the Office of Admission.
- Tuition and fees are due at the time of registration and must be paid immediately on-line or at the Cashier’s Office in Bldg. 39, 2nd floor.
C. Late Registration — May 20-23, 2014
- To register late, complete the On-Site & Late Registration Form (pdf) and bring it in person to the Registrar’s Office, Building 52, Suite 212.
- A late registration fee of $150.00 will be posted to your account.
- Summer registration ends at 5:00 pm on Friday, May 23, 2014.