Instructions for Summer 2015 Registration
1. Select Your Courses
- On-line registration for Summer 2015 begins at 12:01 am on April 6 and ends at 11:59 pm on May 22, 2015.
- See a list of available courses by reviewing the Summer 2015 Course Schedule (pdf). Also see the Summer 2015 Book List.
- When selecting courses, you should consider the following criteria and resources:
- Courses required to graduate and prerequisites* to courses that you wish to take in the future, as outlined in the Student Handbook.
*Please note special format and instructions for Immigration Law Seminar (2 cr.) & Practicum (1 cr.) applicable for the Summer 2015 term only:
Con Law I and II and Clinic I are prerequisites.
Students must concurrently enroll in the seminar and practicum for a total of 3 credits.
Seats are limited. Students who meet the criteria and wish to enroll MUST email the Registrar's Office (email@example.com) to request a seat. Students will be enrolled and notified, on a first come, first served basis, by the Registrar's Office. Please indicate in the subject line of the email: IMMIGRATION LAW & PRACTICUM.
- Subjects tested on the bar exam of the state in which you plan to practice law, as described on the website of that state's bar examiner. See NCBE's Bar Examiner Directory.
- Each student has been assigned a faculty advisor to assist with academic, bar admission and career planning. If you don't remember the name of your faculty advisor, please contact Dean Steward.
- Course registration for Summer 2015 is governed by the following rules:
2. Determine Your Payment Amount and Deadlines
If you register on-line, any tuition and fees not covered by financial aid must be paid by May 26, 2015. Your course selections may be deleted, if the total bill has not been paid by this deadline.
If you register in-person or late, any tuition and fees not covered by financial aid must be paid immediately on-line to avoid an unpaid balance.
Summer school tuition is charges on a per credit basis. Tuition rates for matriculating, non-matriculating and visiting students are $369 per credit hour for D.C. residents and $738 per credit hour for non-District residents, plus applicable fees. The Tuition Management System payment plan (TMS) is not available for the summer session.
All students are required to have health insurance coverage. If you are currently covered by the University-sponsored health insurance plan, your coverage will extend through summer. If you received a waiver from the University-sponsored plan during the academic year, your waiver will extend through summer. All other students will be automatically enrolled in the university-sponsored health insurance plan and charged the summer school rate.
The following link will provide additional information regarding student health insurance:
3. Register for Courses
A. On-line Registration (for Matriculating Students only) — April 6, 2015 through May 22, 2015
- To register online, log into myUDC between 12:01 am on on April 6 and 11:59 PM on May 22, 2015.
- If you have trouble with your log-in and/or pin, please contact the Help Desk in Building 41, Room 316 or at 202.274.5941 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
B. In-Person Registration — May 26, 2015
- Visiting and non-matriculating students, and any matriculating student who did not register on-line, must register in person for summer courses.
- To register in person, complete the On-Site & Late Registration Form (pdf) and bring it to the Registrar's Office, Building 52, Suite 212.
- Visiting and non-matriculating students must bring their letters of acceptance from the Office of Admission.
- Tuition and fees are due at the time of registration and must be paid immediately on-line or at the Cashier’s Office in Bldg. 39, 2nd floor.
C. Late Registration — May 27-29, 2015
- To register late, complete the On-Site & Late Registration Form (pdf) and bring it in person to the Registrar’s Office, Building 52, Suite 212.
- A late registration fee of $150.00 will be posted to your account.
- Summer registration ends at 5:00 pm on Friday, May 29, 2015.