Loan Forgiveness and Repayment Programs
- Equal Justice Works' Student Debt Relief Resources
- Resources on student debt relief programs and how they work, including the free e-book "Take Control of Your Future: A Guide to Managing Your Student Debt."
- DC Bar Foundation Loan Repayment Program
- Lawyers providing direct legal services at any non-profit DC civil legal services provider are eligible for loan repayment assistance.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- The federal College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 established a Direct Loan forgiveness program for employees of certain types of government, non-profit and public service organizations who make 120 qualifying monthly payments.
- Federal Government Employees
- The Federal student loan repayment program permits agencies to repay Federally insured student loans as a recruitment or retention incentive for candidates or current employees of the agency.