WHAT MAKES UDC DAVID A. CLARKE SCHOOL OF LAW
UNIQUE AMONG LAW SCHOOLS?
- UDC-DCSL is committed to the public interest, using the law to help those in need and reshape our community. Each year, our faculty and students provide more than 100,000 hours of essential legal services to DC residents.
- We are focused on extensive practical training, with the largest clinical requirement of any U.S. law school. Each student provides more than 700 hours of pro bono legal service, gaining direct, hands-on work experience and acquiring the skills needed to solve real problems. In recognition of this, in 2015 U.S. News & World Report ranked UDC-DCSL number seven in clinical training among all U.S. law schools.
- Our tuition is a fraction of the cost of other law schools and 75% of our students receive scholarships and financial support. Graduating with less debt means you will have more flexibility to choose public interest or other employment options after graduation.
- In addition to our full-time program, we offer a part-time evening option for those seeking a quality education and degree while continuing to work and meet other responsibilities. The real world life experience of our students enriches classroom discussions and the quality of education for everyone.
- Teaching and advocacy excellence at UDC-DCSL runs well beyond theoretical challenges in the classroom. Our faculty includes attorney-professors who work side-by-side with students to pursue practical advocacy in the courtroom, legislative or regulatory hearing rooms, and centers for citizen activism.
- UDC-DCSL is recognized as one of the nation’s most diverse law schools both for our faculty and students, making us a welcoming place where students of all backgrounds feel at home.
- We are located in our nation’s capital, offering many opportunities to meet leaders in law and policy and participate in creating litigation, and legislative, regulatory and organizing strategies focused on solving society’s toughest problems.
- Our school’s small size means that you will not be lost in the crowd, competing for attention, but will personally know our faculty and administrators. Our students become true colleagues, and our spirit of support and collaboration runs deep.
JOIN US at UDC-DCSL, where HOW you learn and WHAT you learn will set you apart and equip you with the vision and skills to effect real change.