Exam4 is the software School of Law students must use when taking
exams using their laptop computers. New
versions of the software must be installed each semester.
Please note that Windows 2000,
Windows XP and Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) are no longer supported by the Exam4 maker,
Extegrity Exam. If you have a computer with one of the above-mentioned operating systems, there is no longer a version of the Exam4
software being produced that will run on your computer. You will need to upgrade
the operating system on your computer, purchase a newer computer, or borrow a
laptop from a friend or colleague that already has Exam4 loaded onto it so
that you can take an exam.
Instructions for Downloading and Installing Exam4
- You do not need to uninstall the current version of the software prior to installing the new version.
- You need to be logged into your computer with a
user account which has Administrator rights in order to install the Exam4
- Go to www.exam4.com, select for
Law Schools then select the Letter D for District of Columbia. After you choose UDC School of Law from
the list, you will download the client software that is applicable to the
operating system found on your computer:
Vista & Windows 7 users
may have to right-click on the file after they have downloaded it, and
then choose "run as an administrator” from the options that will
appear. This step may be required based on the logged-in user's
- MAC OS users will need to
unzip the files within the folder prior to installation.
- Click here for a PDF document showing screenshots of each step in the download and installation process.
- Note that you are required to take and submit a
practice exam before taking your actual exam. Keep reading for
Instructions for Using Exam4
- You can download the Exam4 software from any
location, so long as you have an internet connection, but you must be
on-campus with an active internet connection in order to submit an exam
- Before taking your actual exam, you are
required to take and submit a practice exam to be sure that
everything runs smoothly.
- When you take the practice
exam, use your Exam ID and choose the current practice exam (e.g. "F11:
Practice Exam”) from the Course List.
- If you do not know your
Exam ID, please see Ms. Tiffany Hagwood (202-274-5114) or Ms. Barbara Green
(202-274-7348) immediately. You will need to know your Exam ID in order to
take and submit the actual exam.
- Click here for a PDF document showing screenshots of each step in taking and submitting an exam.
If you have questions about downloading,
installing or using Exam4, please contact Network Administrator Lewis Perry (202-274-7351),
Lachelle Cooper (202-274-6305) or email us at email@example.com.