Admission as a first-year student (as opposed to a transfer or visiting student) is for the Fall semester only.
The application deadline for Fall 2015 is March 15, 2015. The application fee will be waived until February 15, 2015. We encourage you to apply, however, as early as possible as seats in the class are limited. Thank you for your interest in the School of Law!
All supporting documents should be submitted no later than June 30.
The Office of Admission will accept the June 2015 LSAT for Fall 2015.
A complete application consists of:
- An Application for Admission, including a personal statement and response to the essay question.
- The following documentation must be submitted through LSAC's Credential Assembly Service:
- A current LSAT score;
- A transcript of all courses attempted at each college and graduate school attended; and
- An academic reference and second recommendation letter.
- A non-refundable application fee of $35 or an authorized fee waiver.
- The application fee is automatically waived for those who complete the application on-line through LSAC by February 15th.
- A completed Declaration of Residency (.pdf) if you have been a D.C. resident for at least 12 months.
Please see Admission Requirements for details about the application materials listed above.
For a quick overview, you may find the First Year Application & Financial Aid Checklist helpful.
Candidates who wish to re-apply to the School of Law must complete the application on-line through Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
Transfer, Visiting and Non-Degree Applicants
If you wish to transfer into the School of Law from another law school, please see Transfer Student Applicants.
If you wish to take courses at the School of Law while matriculated at another law school, please see Visiting Student Applicants.
If you are a graduate of a foreign or state-accredited law school seeking to take 26 credits of subjects tested on the District of Columbia bar exam, please see Non-Degree Student Applicants.