Admission as a first-year student (as opposed to a transfer or visiting student) is for the Fall semester only.
The application deadline for Fall 2014 has been extended to July 1, 2014. The application fee has been waived until that date. We encourage you to apply, however, as early as possible as seats in the class are limited. Thank you for your interest in the School of Law!
All supporting documents should be submitted no later than July 15th.
The Office of Admission will accept the June 2014 LSAT for Fall 2014.
A complete application consists of:
- An Application for Admission, including a personal statement and response to the essay question.
- The following documentation must be submitted through LSAC's Credential Assembly Service:
- A current LSAT score;
- A transcript of all courses attempted at each college and graduate school attended; and
- An academic reference and second recommendation letter.
- A non-refundable application fee of $35 or an authorized fee waiver.
- The application fee is automatically waived for those who complete the application on-line through LSAC by March 16th.
- A completed Declaration of Residency (.pdf) if you have been a D.C. resident for at least 12 months.
To re-apply, you may complete the application on-line at www.lsac.org.
Transfer, Visiting and Non-Degree Applicants
If you wish to transfer into the School of Law from another law school, please see Transfer Student Applicants.
If you wish to take courses at the School of Law while matriculated at another law school, please see Visiting Student Applicants.
If you are a graduate of a foreign or state-accredited law school seeking to take 26 credits of subjects tested on the District of Columbia bar exam, please see Non-Degree Student Applicants.