UDC-DCSL is committed to the academic success of each student, and believes that teaching the skills necessary to attain success in law school and lawyering is an integral part of the curriculum. Every student climbs the law school learning curve at a different speed. UDC-DCSL seeks to aid each student in the transition first to law school and then to the practice of law through a comprehensive combination of courses and programs including:
- The Jump Start Program in which students begin law school during the summer focusing solely on one course,
- The 1L Laboratory in which first semester students are introduced to, and practice, the skills essential to success in the context of a doctrinal course,
- Legal Reasoning courses in which students seeking additional practice sharpen their analytical reasoning skills,
- The Fresh Start Program in which students who underperform are provided an opportunity to start anew,
- The Bar Success Foundations course in which students focus on skills and substance to enhance their ability to pass the bar, and
- One-on-one support.
Click for: Calendar of Academic Success workshops and panels.
Click for: general information about the bar exam.